Monday, December 10, 2012

Milling Around SC...

Week of Dec 2: Headed south to Pawley's Island - lots to sketch & paint- and also in Georgetown, SC,...onto Mount Pleasant, where I stayed for several days, as the Charleston, SC session did not take place...so, I spent the next three days sketching sites in & around Mt. Pleasant and Shem Creek - lots of good stuff there. Tuesday ventured into Charleston for a buggy ride thru the old historic district, sketching for the afternoon. Thursday to Beaufort, SC... that's Beau-long 'u', unlike 'Bowfort, NC'. Another great town, lots of history and a buggy tour on Friday also netted me a $50 - yes, $50 parking ticket in an empty city parking lot, while I was on the buggy tour... I did 'appeal' at the town office. Visited the Beaufort Art Association gallery - very nice display of regional art, although too much 'original photography'. On south to Hilton Head Island; had dinner with Phil & Barb Johnson in-laws of my son, Jeff, and stayed overnite at their home on Callawassee Island.  

No comments:

Post a Comment